Friday, December 31, 2010

2010 in Review

2010 has been a very busy and exciting year for us.  We planned our wedding, got married, and I moved from Florida to Missouri to be with Nathanael.  Here are some of the highlights...

January - I celebrated the start of 2010 with my grandparents in Punta Gorda, Florida.  On January 2, my grandmother and I went wedding dress shopping.  I found "the dress" in less than an hour in the first shop we visited.

February - I traveled to Branson, Missouri, to visit Nathanael and celebrate his 28th birthday.  We also looked at two houses and ended up making an offer on one the next day.  Two weeks later, the closing was complete and Nathanael had the keys to our first home.



March - We made a day trip to Cumberland Island to have our engagement photos taken.  Nathanael created his first iPhone application, iPeeInABottle.  I couldn't be more proud of him :)

Photo by Valerie Bruce

April - We celebrated Easter with some very special friends at Orange Park Bible Church.  I traveled to St. Simons Island with several of my closest girlfriends for a triple bachelorette weekend.

May - Nathanael attended the wedding of two close friends from his Small Group in Missouri.  I attended the weddings of two of my college roommates in Georgia.  I also left my job in Jacksonville.

June - On June 6, Nathanael and I were married at Lovely Lane Chapel on St. Simons Island, Georgia.  It was a very special day celebrated with our closest family and friends.  We then spent a week relaxing in Blowing Rock, North Carolina.  Nathanael's wonderful parents drove a moving truck full of my things across the country while we were on our honeymoon.  We were so fortunate to be able to fly home to Missouri from North Carolina and simply unpack.

Photo by Valerie Bruce


July - We celebrated July 4th with Nathanael's family in Texas...I even shot off some fireworks!  Nathanael published his second iPhone application, KillerAnts.

August - Nathanael and I began Dave Ramsey's Financial Peace University at a local church.  I highly recommend the class.  We attended another wedding of two friends from Nathanael's Small Group.  I decided to join the 21st century with the purchase of an iPhone!


September - We attended another wedding of two friends from Nathanael's Small Group.

October - We hosted our first weekend guests in our new home.  Nathanael's parents visited, and we had a blast.  We took them to Silver Dollar City, Sight & Sound Theatre, and Andy's for custard.  Nathanael's dad also helped fix some things around the house, and we shopped for tools.

November - I turned 25!  We traveled to St. Simons Island for Thanksgiving.  We got to spend time with two of my close friends, my parents, brother, grandparents, my mom's brother and his wife, and two of my cousins.  

December - We began our first major furniture project, building a bed for our master bedroom.  Nathanael also created two more iPhone apps, iWriteNotes and iWriteGifts.  We traveled to Fort Worth for my first Miller Christmas.  We spent the holiday with Nathanael's parents, grandmother, two brothers and their wives.




No comments:

Post a Comment